Managing to Win – Sydney
Sydney, 28th February - 28th February
Three management trainings for advocacy, campaigning and comms teams
Many of us build deep skills in campaigning or communications – and our success finds us managing teams of communicators, or campaigners. Management is a skill set and managing in civil society organisations, and especially in advocacy settings, presents specific challenges and opportunities.
We’re proud to offer three unique training modules for managers to turbo-boost their skills leading teams to win. You choose which module suits you, or get a discount to cover all three in one day!
9.00am – 12.00pm: Managing for Excellence
We all work with limited resources for critical causes – so we need the best work from our teams and the individuals in them. In this short, targeted workshop you’ll learn key tips and tricks for:
- Goal setting
- Successful delegation and accountability
- 1:1 management relationships
- Team Communication
- Performance management
- Success in rapid response environments
1.00pm – 3.00pm: Recruiting Superstars
Recruitment one of our biggest risk areas to manage. When we’re unsuccessful, the costs – in money, time and opportunity – are enormous. And recruiting agencies, and even our own HR staff, sometimes lack the expertise to successfully recruit campaigners, organisers, advocates, media officers, digital specialists and more. We’ll cover:
- Designing the right role;
- Writing job ads that ensure a diversity of quality applicants;
- Reaching the right applicants – advertising, headhunting, networking;
- Setting tasks;
- Assessing applications;
- Interview process and techniques; and
- Salary benchmarking.
3.30pm – 5.30pm: Creating a Culture of Impact
To succeed your organisation needs a strong strategy and great management (including great structure and resourcing), but you will only get there if your organisation’s culture provides for a focus on excellence, innovation and outcomes. This critical module covers:
- Defining your organisation’s culture;
- Understanding the levers at your disposal for shifting culture;
- Case studies of successful shifts in culture within teams and organisation;
- Culture settings and practices that encourage innovation; and
- Strategies for getting new projects and processes off the ground.
Managing to Win is led by Rebecca Wilson, Australian Progress’ Deputy Director. Rebecca was most recently Chief of Staff at GetUp and formerly Global Development Director at Change.org, responsible for supporting 20+ campaigning teams around the world.
To secure your place, purchase your ticket using the eventbrite window below.